The American Association of Industry Veterinarians, an AVMA allied organization, was formed in 1954 by a group of veterinarians working in the pharmaceutical industry. It is a federally recognized non-profit organization with membership just under 500. AAIV members are veterinarians working in corporate and public practice.
The AAIV exists to:
- To advance the professional standards and development of veterinarians engaged in any phase of industrial, corporate, and public practice employment.
- To inform of the contributions that veterinarians can make to their diversified operations.
- To inform the veterinary profession of the increasing employment opportunities in industry, corporate, and public practice employment.
- To promote free communications among the members of this organization, within the limits of individual corporate policy.
- To promote communication and cooperation between this organization and other organizations with mutual interests.